Back in April, when I started evaluating alternatives to the Suffusion theme, I had to consider what to do about SEO metadata. Suffusion included fields for Meta Description and Keywords, and I was using those fields.
In late August, well after the security vulnerability had been patched, I decided to try the Yoast SEO plugin. Then I started having problems with the website. It turns out it was just poor timing, the problems were not caused by the Yoast plugin. I managed to get everything working together nicely, and was able to disable four other plugins in the process as well. Since that time, I have been manually copying the SEO metadata from Suffusion to Yoast. I am almost done.
The reason I bring this up is that it was announced today that a new release of Suffusion is being released, without the SEO features. This is great news, as my efforts at switching to Yoast will not be wasted, and I will not have to switch themes in the near future! Amazing luck for Friday the 13th!