It seems that I am very good at making busy work for myself. I decided that even though http: versions of hyperlinks to the Harvey Mercheum website will redirect to https:, the redirect is an extra step and slows the process down, so I should correct them. While I had to edit all the URLs anyway, I decided to set up campaign parameters to help me track visits in Google Analytics. Once I did that, with the help of the Google Campaign URL Builder, the URLs were long and ugly, so I decided to shorten them using my long-ignored Bit.ly account.
I have gone through all 95 Google+ posts, all 70 Facebook posts, and all 51 Jigidi puzzles and edited the hyperlinks. Google+ was particularly difficult, as removing the preview and editing the link did not add a new preview, so the Harvey Mercheum Google+ page had no pictures at all and looked terrible. I consider the exhibit photos the best part of this website, so I went back through all 95 posts and deleted and recreated them from scratch, which lost any “+1″s they had, but did create new previews with pictures.
My next step will be to edit all posts and pages of the Harvey Mercheum website and establish a structure for internal links. I will post again when this is finished, but I do not think it will be any time soon.